ADMINISTRATOR’S NEWSLETTER, APRIL 11, 2017
FROM MAYOR AND COUNCIL,
HAPPY EASTER AND PASSOVER TO ALL OUR RESIDENTS!
Please note that Borough Offices will be closed
on Friday, April 14.
DPW HOLIDAY/EARLY SPRING SCHEDULE
ZONES 1 AND 2 – THURSDAY, APRIL 13; NO pick-up on Friday, April 14
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS
FRIDAY, APRIL 14 – OPEN 8:00 AM TO 11:45 AM
SATURDAY, APRIL 15 – REGULAR HOURS
EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 16 – CLOSED
CURBSIDE LEAF PICK-UP – APRIL 15 to MAY 15 ONLY
NEXT BULK PICK-UP – MAY 15, 2017
* * *
GARDEN TRASH PICK-UP, EVERY MONDAY (except Bulk Pick-up Days) ; all loose brush must be tied into bundles not more than 4 feet long and 2 feet in diameter.
Please do not put garden trash to the curb any earlier than 6:00 PM on the Sunday before the scheduled pick-day.
BEACH OPENING IS ONLY 45 DAYS AWAY (SATURDAY, MAY 27)! PURCHASE YOUR BEACH BADGES ONLINE USING COMMUNITY PASS
Sea Girt Borough’s Community Pass and Registration Page
DRIVER ALERT! WATCH OUT FOR CHILDREN
With the change in season and extended daylight hours, please be aware that children will be out and about –
please be cautious when driving through the Borough.
Speed limits will be strictly enforced!
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, April 28: Arbor Day Celebration, Sea Girt School, 1:45 PM
Saturday, April 22: Clean Ocean Action Beach Sweeps, 9:00 AM to Noon, meet at Beacon Blvd. Beach
Saturday, April 29: Shade Tree Commission – Sandy Tree Recovery Seedling Give-away, Sea Girt School Parking Lot, 9 AM to 11 AM
Sea Girt Centennial Celebration – September 9, 2017
Reserve your tickets now!
Tickets are now on sale for the Borough’s Centennial Celebration; we anticipate that tickets will sell quickly –reserve your tickets now. This ADULTS ONLY event will be held on Saturday evening, September 9 on the grounds of the National Guard Training Center. The evening’s festivities will include food by Joe Leone’s with passed hors d’oeuvres, food stations with amazing selections of appetizers and main courses for dinner, dessert and coffee, including an open bar for the entire evening with staff provided by our local establishments and dancing to the music of the Phil Engle Band. Tickets are $125.00 per person. Full tables of 8 may be reserved upon purchase of 8 tickets on a single order only and paid with a single check. Click on the link below for the ticket order form.
Ticket Order Form http://seagirtboro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ticket-Order-Form-with-seal-and-table-option.pdf
From the desk of Chief Kevin Davenport, please be award of these scams that have popped up in our area:
– Caller claims to be from the IRS, and is reporting that you owe money
– Caller requests immediate transfer of funds to satisfy IRS requirements
– Caller requests personal information such as bank account information, social security numbers, date of birth, etc.
– These scammers frequently rig caller ID’s and emails signatures to actually display IRS related names and numbers
Remember: the IRS initiates legitimate communications and inquiries with citizens through U.S.Postal Service contact (regular mail), not over the phone.
Overseas wire scam
– Caller claims to be overseas with a relative that is in trouble or injured, and needs money immediately to provide care or release from jail.
– Western Union money wiring is usually requested.
– Please visit www.ftc.gov and click on the right side of the page titled “scam alerts” for a list of documented scams.
– Educate yourself, that is the best way to avoid being scammed.
– Remember, if something seems to raise your suspicion, most likely it is a scam
– Once you wire money, most likely, you will never see it again
Finally, if you are in doubt as to the credibility of a phone call or email, please attempt to get the caller’s name and call back number and call the police immediately at (732) 449-7300.
Have a safe and enjoyable spring!