Sea Girt Recreation
New Paddle Court Access & Reservation Process
First, you must be registered and have a valid permit, available by utilizing the online registration system through Community Pass. Click on the link below for access to Community Pass:
Sea Girt Borough’s Community Pass and Registration Page.
- Reservations will no longer be taken by calling the police station
- Reservations for playing time may be made by a Sea Girt Resident with a valid paddle permit up to 24 hours in advance by accessing the online reservation system at: seagirtplatform.tennisbookings.com
- All permit holders will be given a username and password to the reservation site after they purchased a permit
- Reserved playing time will be assigned on the hour and will be issued on a first come first served basis for a maximum of two hours.
- You will have the option to receive an email confirmation of your reservation sent to you as proof of your reservation
- The reservation system also has a wait list feature which will notify you if a desired time has opened up
- As a courtesy to all permit holders, all reservations that will go unused must be cancelled via the reservation system prior to the planned start time
- You may pick up the key no more than 15 minutes before your reserved time and must return it immediately after play is finished, unless being passed to another group playing immediately after your group.
- The person who made the reservation is responsible for return of the key and any lost key charge if applicable.
- Reserved time will take precedent over non-reserved time and a group made be bumped from the court with notification of a valid reservation.
Access to the court:
- Sea Girt residents with a valid paddle permit may pick up the key for the court from the lock box affixed to the railing next to the front door of the Sea Girt Police Department.
- The combination to the lockbox will be given out to those who have purchased passes. Notification of any change to the combination will be sent via e-mail to pass holders.
- Please pick up the key no more than 15 minutes prior to playing and limit playing time to 2 hours.
- The key must be returned immediately after play is complete and may only be passed to another group playing immediately after your group.
- Play not to begin prior to 7 AM and not after 10 PM.
- All players must have a valid paddle pass or a guest pass which may be purchased for $10 at the Sea Girt Police station and is good only for one session of play.
- The lockbox by the police station is under video surveillance. Do not give the combination to the lockbox to anyone. Sharing of the combination, copying of the key or unauthorized access to the court (i.e. sliding under the fence) is prohibited and may result in revocation of paddle privileges.
- Lights are available for nighttime play. They are turned on via a timer located to the right of the stairs to the court. Please turn off the lights when play is finished.
- Heaters located under the court are available for the purpose of melting ice or very light snow. The heaters can be turned on using the two switches located next to the light switch. You must also hit the green button located next to each heater located under the east side and west side of the court. Please turn heaters off when play is finished.
- Please do not attempt to scrape or shovel the court with any metal devices as this will scrape off the textured surface of the court. A broom or plastic shovel should only be used.
For questions or assistance with any of the above you may contact members of the Sea Girt Recreation Commission, Mark Leddy at 973 214-1680 or Kevin Reid at 917 544-8204. Questions can also be emailed to email@example.com .