The Borough of Sea Girt’s beaches and boardwalk are open on a year-round basis. During the summer season we invite you to swim and sun on our clean, safe, sandy white beaches and take a stroll on our beautifully landscaped boardwalk that is pleasantly reminiscent of an earlier time. The boardwalk offers an incredible panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean that starts at the Historic Sea Girt Lighthouse and runs to the southern end of our charmingly inviting town.
REMINDER – NO SMOKING ON THE BEACH AND BOARDWALK
NO DOGS PERMITTED ON THE BOARDWALK AT ANY TIME
NO DOGS PERMITTED ON BOROUGH BEACHES, MARCH 15 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, INCLUSIVE
The general public is allowed to partake in beach activities including bathing, fishing, surfing, and sunbathing on designated beaches only. The purchase of daily or seasonal beach badges is required for admission onto our beaches. These badges can be purchased at the Main Pavilion and other designated areas along the beachfront. Senior discount badges are also available. We are not responsible for lost or stolen beach badges. Parking is free for all beach goers.
Full-time lifeguards are on duty from June 20 through Labor Day.
To learn more about the Sea Girt Beach Patrol, please visit their official website.
2020 Season Beach Badge Pricing & Purchasing has been SUSPENDED until further notice due to the COVID-19 virus.
- Season Badge – $110.00
- Daily Badge – $11.00 (no credit cards)
- Senior Season Badge – $65.00 (age 65 and over)
- Daily Badge Coupon Book available with purchase of adult / senior season badge – $100.00
- Bath House (including 5 badges) – $1250.00
- Kayak Storage – season – $225.00
- Storage Box – season – $225.00
- Beach personnel will be available every Wednesday and Saturday in April, also on May 2nd from 10 am – 2 pm at the Borough Hall to assist with badge purchasing and badge pick up. ONLY credit cards and checks will be accepted on these days (no cash).
- The beach OFFICE opens on May 16 and from May 18 through May 22 from 10-2.
- The BEACH opens on WEEKENDS ONLY beginning Memorial Day Weekend with normal beach hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. At this time you will be able to purchase / pick up badges at the ticket office at the beach.
- Beach opens for the 2020 Season (full-time) on Saturday, June 20th
- Convenience fee added to all credit card transactions equal to 3% of transaction cost.